April 26, 2019

July 30, 2018

December 25, 2017

November 7, 2017

Please reload

Recent Posts

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Featured Posts

July Adventures

July 30, 2018


I just got back to work after a week of vacation. Well, it wasn’t so great a vacation as the early July Heat Wave followed me up into the Adirondacks, where I was going to kayak the 7-lake Essex/Fulton Chain of lakes. But the temperatures were so high that I would have had a heat stroke, so I hiked up a mountain to a fire tower, took the pictures below, and then went to Old Forge for Breakfast.

Breakfast was your “typical Adirondack breakfast” that I remember so well from Raquette Lake so many years ago: It was probably terrible, but in the mountain air, and after a long hike, it tasted wonderful!!!

The first night, I just found a place to park as the sun was setting. (See pic. right.) I had had a late start leaving Salem, NH on Sunday afternoon as I wanted to make sure that I had everything I would need.  I did. My planning was flawless.. (Oh, that long black object in the bottom of the picture is a boat dock; too dark to recognize.)

I managed to get to sleep with just a single mosquito for company. (Not good company!) I finally lit a citronella candle inside the truck- which nearly did-us-both-in, and just before I started choking, I heard no more buzzing.   AHA!  I Got him!  Then…sleep.


I awoke at 5:30 a.m. because I misread my watch. I thought it was 6:30 a.m.!  So, I got my shower ready and it worked perfectly. It was a little cooler than an evening shower would have been because the water bag cooled down inside the truck overnight, but it was still pleasant enough.  

It quickly warmed from the balmy 79oF of night into the  89o, 90o…  94oF of day.  It was simply too hot to kayak, so I took a hike through the cool, shady forest to the fire tower on Bald Mountain where I took the picture of “First Lake” below. All of my planning worked out well. The one thing I could not plan for was a truck break down. Yep. The alternator died on me. I found a good mechanic and he thought that I might be able to limp home with it, as the alternator was sometimes charging with 14volts, but then sometimes only 9 or 11 volts.  Well, I drove it as far as Utica, NY and it died.

AAA arrived and towed me to a great garage, but I was soaking wet from waiting in a hot truck for 30 min (No a/c without electricity!).  So I spent the night in a Hampton Inn (which had a great Breakfast), and I was on my way again at 12noon the next day. I figured that God wanted me to get back to Salem, and since the temps were still 94oF I wrote-off kayaking until a cooler time.

That cooler time came on Sunday July 8th.  I went out on Millville Lake (Salem, NH), and had coffee and a breakfast sandwich on the lake. It was peaceful and very calm. And only 65oF!  Ahhh!




Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Follow Us

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square












Testimonials from Dr. Joe Kish

Testimonials on Chiropractic as experienced by Dr. Joe Kish


My life has been saved with prompt Chiropractic care, on at least three occasions.



STOMACH function



    I once had a T-5 SUBLUXATION and I didn’t know it. The 5th Thoracic spinal nerve goes through a nerve plexus and controls the proper function of your stomach.  It happened when I was a Police Officer in the Village of Fishkill, NY.  I was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light. There was no damage to my vehicle, the “tap” was that slight, but I felt a pain in my mid-back between the shoulder blades. That night I took my parents out to dinner. It was their Anniversary.  I remember that I ate the broiled sea scallops. They were great! After dinner, while I was walking to the car, I threw up in the parking lot of the restaurant. I thought I had a “stomach bug”. 

     Fortunately, at this time I was going to a chiropractor regularly and my next appointment was in two days. The next morning I had sausage and eggs and had to run to the bathroom to throw up again. That afternoon I had a hotdog for lunch (this is before I cleaned up my diet!) and could barely keep it down. I was actually getting weak from lack of protein.

    The next morning I saw my chiropractor. I told him about the accident, what I had eaten, and the vomiting. "Hmmm” he said, “It sounds like achlor-hydria (lack of sufficient stomach acid) due to a subluxation.”

He knew just where to check, the fifth thoracic vertebra, and sure enough, it was subluxated. Spinal nerve interference is called “subluxation”. He gently adjusted this bone and said “There, I’ve gotten it, go home and enjoy some protein.” That night I had a steak (protein) for dinner and I had no digestion problems.

I have not had a stomach problem since.